Reports To: Dispatch Manager
Deliver and pick up freight
in a safe and timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Deliver freight to customers. Provide customers with proper
paperwork in a professional manner. Verify freight condition,
amount, weight and type of product. Sign and get signature. Unload
if necessary. Inside delivery if necessary. Collect C.O.D. and
driver collect payments if necessary.
- Pick up freight from customer. Collect proper paperwork,
verify count, condition and weight. Assign pro number by affixing
bar code label to paperwork and freight. Sign bill of lading. Load
- Check bill of lading for proper information.
- Placard trailer as needed.
- Secure freight before moving.
- Contact dispatcher to inform him/her of progress. Call in
any problems which may occur.
- Turn in correct delivery receipts, revenue collected, bills
of lading, log sheets, pay sheets, trip reports, vehicle inspection
reports and manifests.
- Fax bills of lading to Neenah terminal if applicable.
- Contact Safety Manager regarding vehicle accidents or
hazardous material spills.
- Conduct pre- and post-trip inspection of tractor and trailer
- Notify shop of any problems with equipment.
- Fuel vehicle upon return to terminal and record usage.
- Keep truck clean inside and run vehicle through truck wash
- Perform minor repairs on road if necessary.
- Comply with all directives set forth in the N&M
Operations Manual and supplemental directives issued periodically.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations.
- Environment - On the road in semi tractor/trailer, customer
dock locations, variable road and weather conditions.
- Hours of work - 8 to 15 hours per day or night
- Lifting/Carrying (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Pushing/Pulling (over 50 lbs, Very Heavy)
- Foot manipulation
- Depth perception
- Color Vision
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Class A CDL with "H" endorsement.
- 1 year tractor/trailer experience.
- 21 years of age.
- Good motor vehicle record (no OWI in past 5 years).
- Pass N&M road test.
- Pass D.O.T. physical and drug screening.
- Ability to handle LTL freight.
- Good customer service skills.